Take the next step and become a HRINZ volunteer!
HRINZ has over 4,000 members across 16 branches nationwide. In addition to being a member nationally, members also belong to their local branch. HRINZ relies on the work and commitment of over 150 volunteers to continue delivering high quality events and membership services on a local level.
Branch committees are responsible for organising and running local branch events and liaising with HRINZ National Office in respect of national events, initiatives and membership growth. The events hosted locally provide opportunities for members to learn, develop and engage with the Institute and other HR practitioners.
HRINZ volunteers get great benefit from the time they dedicate to sitting on the branch committee. Becoming a volunteer helps you to broaden your networks, meet new people, pick up additional skills or strengthen existing ones, and influence the profession.
If you are thinking about nominating yourself for your local branch committee, the key points you need to be aware of are:
- To stand for the branch committee, a person must be a financial member of the Institute.
- Any financial member may nominate them self to serve on their local branch committee. Nominations do not need to be seconded.
- While it is desirable to be an accredited (professional) member, it is not mandatory.
- Nominations are open each 1 October and must be received by 5pm on 31 October.
- The duration of the term on the branch committee will be one year, from 1 January until 31 December of the following calendar year.
If you do seek nomination for a branch committee role, the part you will play in the running of the Institute in your region will be explained to you and HRINZ will do all it can to assist you in your new role. A Letter of Commitment has been prepared to assist potential branch committee members to understand this relationship and descriptions of the various branch committee roles are also available.
We encourage you to nominate yourself as a volunteer on your local HRINZ branch committee.
Branch committee nomination forms are available online for completion during the month of October.
For more information please contact the Membership Team.
Nominate yourself for your local branch committee today!