Career Development Framework
As you can see from the diagram below, the new HRINZ competencies have been designed to support and work in conjunction with the entire Career Development Framework.
The HRINZ Career Development Framework has been designed to assist our members who are already working in HR but would like to develop their HR career further. This framework can also be used to inform people who are interested in pursuing a career in HR or have just joined the profession that there is a defined career assistance programme for them to participate in.
HRINZ is able to offer this support by using a defined Career Development programme, which includes: Career Log, Mentoring & Coaching Programme, Educational Endorsement Programme and Professional Accreditation System.
By using the Career Log, members will be able to monitor and assess your career progress. The Career Log will enable you to identify any areas you would like to strengthen, expand, develop or enhance. Deciding whether that will be by education, gaining more exposure through employment, mentoring or coaching. Once you have decided upon the route you will be taking to develop, strenghten or expand your knowledge and HR expertise, you can start looking to use the following services such as:
As a HRINZ member you will be able to apply for a mentor to assist and support your career development.
As a HRINZ member you will be able to access the coaching directory, to contact coaches to assess what areas you need assistance and coaching in.
This is HRINZ commitment to support relevant HR academic courses for HR Professional Development. EEP will assess all academic courses offered by universities and polytechnics against our competencies and if they pass, are awarded the HRINZ endorsement.
By using the Career Log's employment history section, which provides a full overview of your career progression to-date, you will be able to see at a glance how your career competency measures against the HRINZ benchmarks for Professional Accreditation and what areas you need to strengthen or gain experience in to meet the competency benchmark in this area. Post Nominals that are awarded are a visual symbol of your credibility in your profession to the business world. Look at people’s business cards to see how many letters they have after their name.
HRINZ Career Log (C-Log)
The Career Log enables our members to record, track and monitor their work history and achievements in the workplace; manage their Professional Development; and maintain their ongoing continuous Professional Development, business credibility and commitment to the HR Profession. There are six main functions of the Career Log:
- Employment History - This section provides the member with an updated employment summary and reports will be available for members to download.
- Career Progression - This section provides a full overview of your career progression to-date, and allows you to monitor your employment progress against the required HRINZ Benchmarks for Professional Accreditation.
- Events - This section provides the member with an update record of all your HRINZ and non-HRINZ events you have attended to assist with monitoring.
- Personal Reflections - This section provides the member with an area which members will be able to reflect upon past goals, objectives and achievements; and set new goals, objectives now and for the future which can be personal or professional.
- Notes - This section provides the member to make notes on events or training course they have attended.
- Reminders - This section enables the member to set reminders for events, personal goals or reflections.
This Career Development Framework proposes new ways to support you and this entails a complete Career Development package that starts when a member joins and continues through with the membership until retirement.