5 Jul 2012
15 Jul 2012
Hamilton City Council
Description of Organisation
The Hamilton City Council is on a journey to become a Smart City in every way and in everything we do.
Our People and Capability Team are responsible for working across the business to promote, drive and deliver operational and strategic initiatives and programmes. We will ensure our people are effective, efficient and skilled to achieve the Smart City goals.
We have a new leadership team in People and Capability, and these roles present an opportunity to join our team as we and the broader organisation under-go a broad change programme. There will be opportunities to work on a variety of People programmes and projects, to partner with our business and to provide truly amazing people and capability support across our 1200 staff.
Description of Position
Our HR Administrators are a professional group of experienced administrators who deliver awesome support services within the HR Team, and more broadly across the business. We are embarking on a new programme of work to centralise and integrate our HR service model with an emphasis on improved information, technology and integrated online support - our HR Administrators will be key to the successful delivery of first level HR support across the Council.
Key Areas of Responsibility
Whilst we build and enhance our service delivery functions, you will be responsible for a full range of HR administrative and some first line advisory functions. You will take a key role in ensuring our organisation is recruiting, on-boarding and developing the best people. You will ensure our information systems are accurate and up-to-date, and that all back office HR activities are completed to a high standard.
To be successful in this role, you will demonstrate:
* A high level of professional initiative and drive
* Attention to detail, and the ability to critically analyse information and reach logical conclusions
* An ability to be innovative and deliver on our promise of providing exceptional service
At a technical level you will have:
* Proven experience in an HR or related field providing administrative support
* An understanding of the fundamentals of good HR practice
* A working knowledge of HR Information Systems, ideally PS2000 or PS Enterprise
* Advanced skills across the range of Microsoft Office products including Excel, Word, Outlook and ideally Vision
* Skills in process review, analysis and design, and project contributor skills will be highly regarded
Applicant must have a legal right to work in NZ