5 Jul 2012
15 Jul 2012
Hamilton City Council
Description of Organisation
The Hamilton City Council is on a journey to become a Smart City in every way and in everything we do.
Our People and Capability Team are responsible for working across the business to promote, drive and deliver operational and strategic initiatives and programmes. We will ensure our people are effective, efficient and skilled to achieve the Smart City goals.
We have a new leadership team in People and Capability, and these roles present an opportunity to join our team as we and the broader organisation under-go a broad change programme. There will be opportunities to work on a variety of People programmes and projects, to partner with our business and to provide truly amazing people and capability support across our 1200 staff.
Description of Position
The role of HR Advisor is a highly skilled one, working both operationally and strategically in a business partnership with your clients. You will advise, coach and lead on a range of HR/People initiatives from reviews and structure transformation, through to strategic talent and employee relations matters.
Key Areas of Responsibility
No two days will be the same, and whilst your focus will be on providing exceptional service to your customers, you will also be engaged in a range of transformational HR projects including the implementation of a new HRIS, policy review and management/leadership coaching.
Your success in this role will be demonstrated by your customers' successes in the People Management arena, you will not only bring to the table a strong level of technical HR/Legislation knowledge, but also the following:
* Experience and skill at positively influencing at a senior level
* Evidence in partnering across customer groups to drive change in a positive way
* An innate ability to influence culture change and to support people managers and staff positively in a changing environment
* A minimum of four to five years hands-on HR experience
* A genuine commitment to excellence around people practices and promoting opportunity for people managers to up skill and own people matters
This is a terrific opportunity for a professional HR practitioner to join a new team of committed HR team members. Apply today.
Applicant must have a legal right to work in NZ