9 Aug 2012
31 Aug 2012
The Medical Council of New Zealand
Description of Organisation
The Medical Council of New Zealand is a registration authority set up to protect the health and safety of the public by ensuring that doctors are competent and fit to practise medicine. We have a staff complement of 64 employees. We need to recruit a part-time HR Adviser to support the HR activities across the organisation.
Description of Position
Reporting to the Registration and Business Services Manager you will be responsible for all aspects of operational HR across the organisation, and you’ll also be expected to contribute to strategic HR initiatives and policy development. You'll thrive on the opportunities to really make a difference and to take the next step in your HR career.
Key Areas of Responsibility
Your responsibilities will include:
• providing advice and guidance on HR related issues including recruitment, employee relations, performance management, remuneration, learning and development, and H&S;
• developing and implementing effective HR strategies, policies, and procedures;
• supporting the management team in the management of change and general employment issues;
• working on various HR-specific and other projects;
• managing organisational wide training and development; and
• taking operational responsibility for the implementation and coordination of our integrated quality improvement / risk management framework.
To be successful in this role you’ll provide an open and honest link between employees and management. Our ideal candidate is extremely positive and professional; you can make a connection with almost anyone, yet you work well autonomously and have a talent for managing a range of projects at once. You will need to juggle a variety of operational activities and have a common sense approach to problem solving and quality improvement. As you will be dealing with a variety of people, you will be adept at developing relationships, have a collaborative working style and be professional in your approach, with a passion for people.
Your communication skills will be first-class. An understanding of the health and / or regulatory sector is desirable.
You will preferably be degree qualified with at least three years current generalist HR experience.
Remuneration and Benefits
Salary package includes medical insurance.
Applicant must have a legal right to work in NZ