6 Sep 2012
20 Sep 2012
Description of Organisation
Oceana Gold (New Zealand) Limited owns and operates the Globe Progress and Macraes Gold Mines located in the South Island of New Zealand. Oceana Gold is New Zealand’s largest gold producer and has a reputation for operational innovation and environmental responsibility.
Description of Position
Following a restructure that will see core HR services return to mine sites, an excellent opportunity now exists for an experienced Human Resource Advisor to join the Human Resources team based at our Macraes operation. Reporting to the Human Resources Manager, you will play an important role in providing a range of HR generalist functions including recruitment, but with a primary focus on providing sound HR advice to managers and supervisors on a broad range of issues.
This is a chance to join a dynamic team with a culture that supports and encourages taking the initiative, and will be most suited to a challenge driven individual.
Key Areas of Responsibility
Key capability requirements for this role include:
• Providing effective recruitment services to hiring managers throughout the recruitment cycle
• Assisting in the development of targeted recruitment strategies to enable sourcing of highly capable candidates including recruiting suitable overseas candidates
• Providing progress reports and analysis on recruitment activities and other HR issues
• Advising and coaching hiring managers in effective procedural compliance and performance management
• Identifying opportunities for improved efficiencies across the HR department
• Administration and effective records management
• Assisting in the provision of effective HR services at the Macraes operations
• Providing analysis and input into policy development and review
• Proactively assisting the Human Resources Manager with projects as required.
To be successful in this role you will have at least two years’ experience in a human resources role, intermediate working knowledge of MS Office and employee databases/systems, as well as proven knowledge and understanding of NZ employment related legislation. A tertiary qualification in human resources is desirable but not essential.
At Oceana Gold health and safety is paramount to the success of our operations. Therefore we are looking for people who are committed to playing an integral role in looking after the safety of themselves and their workmates by adhering to OSH procedures.
Applicant must have a legal right to work in NZ