6 Sep 2012
20 Sep 2012
Description of Organisation
Oceana Gold (New Zealand) Limited owns and operates the Globe Progress and Macraes Gold Mines located in the South Island of New Zealand. Oceana Gold is New Zealand’s largest gold producer and has a reputation for operational innovation and environmental responsibility.
Description of Position
Following a restructure that will see core HR services return to mine sites, we are seeking an experienced HR Manager who has operated at senior level previously, and is looking for a hands-on service-based role. You will have a passion for developing and implementing strategies that lead to best practice people and business outcomes.
Based at our Macraes operation and reporting to the General Manager, you will play an important role in providing effective HR management and personnel services in order to attract, develop, motivate and retain high performing employees to support achievement of Macraes mine safety, gold production and cost targets. This is a chance to lead a dynamic team in a culture that supports and encourages taking the initiative, and will be most suited to a challenge driven individual.
Key Areas of Responsibility
Specific responsibilities will include recruitment and retention, industrial relations, remuneration, performance management, training and development, and leadership of a small HR team. You will also be required to implement processes, tools and systems that are in line and support global HR governance.
To be successful in the role you will:
- Be tertiary qualified in Human Resources supported by broad HR experience in a mining, construction or manufacturing environment
- Have demonstrated ability to lead and manage effective HR functional support with a commercial focus and strong customer service orientation
- Have strong influencing and leaderships skills to assist with transforming workforces into high performing teams
- Be able to adapt and work effectively in a dynamic environment and contribute effectively to the achievement of HR strategies.
- Have current knowledge and practical experience in all HR disciplines and NZ employment legislation
At Oceana Gold health and safety is paramount to the success of our operations. Therefore we are looking for people who are committed to playing an integral role in looking after the safety of themselves and their workmates by adhering to OSH procedures.
If you share the same values and are interested in applying for this role, apply online at www.careers.oceanagold.com
Applicant must have a legal right to work in NZ