HRINZ Terms and Conditions
The following terms and conditions will help you in your dealings with Human Resources Institute of New Zealand Inc (HRINZ). Please read carefully. If you have any concerns please contact HRINZ National Office email@example.com or 04 499 2966
Jump to Section:
- Branch Events
- Professional Development Events
- Magazine Subscriptions
- Payment of Accounts
- Overdue Accounts
- Acknowledgement of Terms
HRINZ is made up of individual members. It does not have corporate or institutional members, your membership remains with you, regardless of your employment or who funds your membership.
Membership Year: 1 April to 31 March
Membership fees for new members are due at time of application.
It is your responsibility to inform HRINZ of any changes of address and other contact information and of changes in your position or employment.
The annual membership subscription to be paid shall be set for the financial year commencing 1 April and shall be payable by members within one month of invoicing.
On 1 March each year all members are emailed an invoice for the next 12 months membership.
HRINZ membership will commence on the date on which your application is received and your fees will cover the period until the 31 March following. On 1 March you will be invoiced for the next year's fee at the rate then applying.
Note: if you join in March in any given year, you will be invoiced for the following year's fee on 1 April.
A member may resign membership by notifying HRINZ in writing (please post to HRINZ National Office, PO Box 11450, Wellington or email firstname.lastname@example.org). Please refer to the Institute's Constitution. All resignations will be formally acknowledged within 15 working days.
Note: Any monies due to HRINZ at date of resignation remain payable.
To avoid being invoiced for the next membership year please submit your resignation before 28 February, as invoices are automatically generated on 1 March each year for the following membership year.
To qualify for Student Membership you must be enrolled in a tertiary course that is relevant to the professional practice of Human Resource Management. You are eligible if you are studying full time or part time (being that you are working less than 30 hours a week and studying two or more papers in one semester). Confirmation of study noting the date of study must be submitted with your application (e.g. an offer of study, a fees invoice, a letter from the tertiary institution, screen shots of a student’s account will be accepted if they clearly show the details of study).
Cancellations: Must be received by HRINZ Head Office by email (email@example.com) more than two working days before the day of the event in order to receive a full refund. Cancellations after this time and 'no shows' on the day will be payable. Substitutions are welcome - please email firstname.lastname@example.org with their details.
Manual Invoicing: If you are attending a branch event and have not pre-registered online, you must pay at the event. If payment is not made at the event and a manual invoice is required to be raised, an additional $20 administration fee may be added. Credit cards facilities are not available at most events.
Liability of Payment: The individual (event profile holder) is liable for payment of event invoices registered against their profile.
Note: if you register other people for events against your personal profile, you will be liable for payment.
New Member or Guest Vouchers: To attend a branch event using a voucher, please register online and select invoice as the payment option. The invoice will be cancelled when the completed voucher is presented at the event. The voucher must be presented at the event otherwise you will be charged the appropriate rate for attending.
NZATD & PRINZ Members who wish to receive the HRINZ member rate for attending a HRINZ branch event must email email@example.com with the following details: Name of event that you wish to attend, Event Date, First Name, Last Name, Position, Organisation, Email, Daytime contact phone, Postal Address for sending invoice, NZATD or PRINZ Membership Number (we will verify this) - If you register online, you will be charged the displayed Non-Member rate.
- We never add your personal information to our mailing list, sell it, or give it away. You do not need to give us your mailing info unless you win.
- No purchase is necessary to enter any giveaway.
- You must be 18 years of age to enter any of our giveaways and be a resident of New Zealand. WE DO NOT SHIP PRIZES OUTSIDE NEW ZEALAND.
- You must be willing to give us your full name and mailing address if you are the winner.
- Winners are chosen at random at HRINZ's discretion.
- Facebook: Entrants must submit their entry by writing in the comments section of the Facebook post unless stated otherwise. Other mechanics may include ‘tagging’ or ‘direct messaging’ – entry mechanic will be clearly stated within the post.
- Twitter: Entrants must submit their entry by 'retweeting' the original competition tweet unless stated otherwise. Other mechanics may include ‘tagging’ or ‘direct messaging’ – entry mechanic will be clearly stated within the post.
- We select the winner(s) based on the date and time recorded on the comments posted in response the giveaway or trivia question. The winner has 2 days (unless stated otherwise) to respond via direct messaging. If we have not heard from the winner within 2 days (unless stated otherwise) we may select another winner, or forfeit the prize. We are not responsible for any missed messages if you do not respond within a timely manner.
- Unless otherwise stated HRINZ or third parties HRINZ work with do not provide transfers or accommodation to the event.
- Human Resources Institute of New Zealand reserves the right to change or alter these rules at any time, so check back often.
- The following rules apply to giveaways offered *exclusively* on Facebook only.
- Entries must not contain any content, element or material that is offensive or inappropriate in any way, or which violates a third party’s privacy, intellectual property or other rights. Any entry that the Promoter, in its sole discretion, considers to be offensive or inappropriate in any way or that the Promoter considers, in its sole discretion, to infringe any intellectual property rights or other rights of any person, corporation or entity, will be considered ineligible. The decision to accept or reject an entry is at the Promoter’s sole discretion and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries.
- Redemption of any a voucher prizes is subject to any terms and conditions specified on the voucher, including but not limited to expiry dates.
- Prizes cannot be transferred, exchanged or redeemed for cash.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You understand that you are providing your information to HRINZ and not to Facebook. The information you provide will only be used for prize notification and fulfilment purposes.
- Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the promotion will be directed to HRINZ, not Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
- The Human Resources Institute of New Zealand reserves the right to change its terms & conditions at any point.
Please refer to our terms and conditions for all Professional Development courses and webinars.
Advertising will be invoiced on acceptance of copy and becomes payable on receipt of invoice.
Sponsorship will be negotiated on a case-by-case basis. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Annual subscription to the Magazine HumanResources continues to 31 March each year. Annual subscriptions will be generated automatically on 1 March for the 1 April - 31 March subscription year. Payment is due within one month of invoicing.
Accounts may be paid by cash, cheque, credit card, electronic transfer or automatic payment and are due within one month of invoicing. Please ensure you include the invoice number with your payment. Credit card payments can be made through our secure website.
In the absence of special arrangements, we do not allow a credit facility. Overdue accounts are deemed to be those accounts that remain unpaid after thirty days from the date of invoice.
HRINZ reserves the right to refer overdue accounts to an external debt collection agency. Collection costs incurred by HRINZ for the collection of any overdue accounts will be the responsibility of the debtor and all charges must be paid in full at the time of collection.
HRINZ will endeavour to ensure a full professional approach to all services provided. However, HRINZ shall not be liable for any consequences of the provision of services to you, except for consequences arising as a direct result of the wilful negligence on the part of HRINZ.
Email is the primary method of communication between HRINZ and its members, including event notices, HR matters, and annual membership invoicing.
Opting out - You can remove yourself from individual regional branch streams by updating your profile here. To be completely removed from all HRINZ membership emails please send an email to email@example.com
1) There is no alternate way to communicate our branch event notices or membership information.
2) Opting out of receiving emails from HRINZ does not cancel your membership. This must be done seperately.
Human Resources Magazine
The views expressed in HumanResources are not necessarily those of the Human Resources Institute of New Zealand, nor does the advertisement of any product or service in this magazine imply endorsement of it by the Institute. ISSN 1173-7522. Copyright© Human Resources Institute of New Zealand Inc. All material appearing in HumanResources is copyright and cannot be reproduced without prior permission of the publisher.
HRINZ Website Usage
The materials on the HRINZ website are intended to provide general information only and may not necessarily be accurate or current. This site may contain links or other references to other parties and their websites. HRINZ cannot control the contents of those other sites, and makes no guarantee about the accuracy, timeliness or subject matter of the material located on those sites. HRINZ does not necessarily approve of, endorse or sponsor any content or material on those sites.
HRINZ makes no guarantees or representations that material on other websites to which this website is linked does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any person anywhere in the world. HRINZ is not, and must not be taken to be, authorising infringement of any intellectual property rights contained in material or other sites by linking or allowing links to, this website to such material on other sites.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, HRINZ and each author of this site disclaims any liability to any person arising out of any action or failure to act by that person, in accessing, downloading, using or relying on any materials from this website whether caused by the negligence of HRINZ or otherwise.
Under no circumstances will HRINZ and each author of this website be liable for any indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages, including damages for loss of business or other profits, arising in relation to the use of any material from this website in any way whatsoever whether caused by the negligence of HRINZ or otherwise.
HRINZ does not represent or guarantee that any files obtained from or through this site are free from computer viruses or other defects. Any such files are provided, and may only be used, on the basis that the user assumes all responsibility for any loss, damage or consequence resulting directly or indirectly from use of those files.
Unless you formally advise otherwise, your continued association and use of the website will be taken by HRINZ as your acceptance of these terms.
Updated: 7 February 2017