Join HRINZ as a Student Member
HRINZ Student Membership is offered to those students who are studying (full time or part time) Human Resource Management towards becoming a HR practitioner, or a HRINZ member who is seeking to advance their career by returning to study.
Becoming a Student Member of HRINZ signals your commitment to the HR profession and your career. The education, learning, development and networking opportunities offered by HRINZ will add value by building your professional skills and knowledge.
The Student Membership rate for the 2018/19 membership year is $44.51 inc GST.
The membership year runs for 12 months from the date of your application or renewal. Fees are set for 1 April to 31 March each year.
To qualify for Student Membership you must be enrolled in a tertiary course that is relevant to the professional practice of Human Resource Management. You are eligible if you are studying full time or part time (being that you are working less than 30 hours a week and studying two or more papers in one semester).
You will be required to submit proof of studies with your application. This can be:
- A fees invoice issued by the tertiary institution
- A letter from the tertiary institution confirming the details of study
- An offer of study issued by the tertiary institution
- Screen shots of your student account, that will only be accepted if they clearly show the details of study
- Any other proof of study will be considered if it includes the details of study
NOTE: The details of study should clearly show the course and commencement and completion dates of study.
Contact the Membership Team if you have questions regarding eligibility.
HRINZ Student Members enjoy the following
Access to professional information and publications
HR professionals must have the resources to keep themselves and their colleagues informed of trends and developments in this critical field of management. HRINZ's publications and information services contribute to your knowledge and information base.
- HumanResources magazine - quarterly
- HRINZ website members-only section - including HR Guides
- HR News - monthly e-newsletter
- HRINZ sponsors the New Zealand Journal of Human Resource Management, an online academic journal
- Research, reports and salary surveys
Preferential member rates for HRINZ events and local networking opportunities
HRINZ has 15 branches nationwide which are run by locally elected volunteer leaders (HRINZ members) and provide opportunities for members to meet and share experiences with other practitioners. Branch event programmes include a wide range of meetings, networking events, special interest groups, discussion groups, site visits, seminars, workshops and courses. HRINZ National Events provide a variety of conferences.
- Local branch networking events and Special Interest Groups (SIGs)
- NZ HR Conference & Expo
- NZ HR Summits - one day conferences
- Research Forum - biennial
Professional Development Programme
HRINZ's Professional Development Programme of courses, seminars, webinars and eLearning, helps members at all levels of experience and expertise to develop the skills and knowledge they need for effective professional practice to keep up to date with the latest trends in Human Resource management and deployment.
- Internationally benchmarked HRINZ HR Competency Framework
- Online Mentoring Programme
We also provide
- NZ HR Awards programme
- Representation to public bodies - HRINZ is a non-political organisation, which seeks to make its voice heard on issues that affect the professional practice of human resources management and development.
- Opportunities to get Involved with local branch committees and national committees
- International and strategic alliances - HRINZ belongs to the Asia Pacific Federation for Human Resource Management and the World Federation of Personnel Management Associations, and has close links with professional institutes around the world. Introductions can be provided for members seeking information or contacts in other countries, or HRINZ can make enquiries on your behalf.
- Member discounts with alliance organisations - HRINZ is pleased to have formal strategic alliances with a range of associations and organisations, both within New Zealand and internationally. Read more about HRINZ Alliance Benefits.
- HR Job Board
- Members and Consultants Directory
- Presence on the HR Blog, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram and Twitter