Join HRINZ as a Student Member
HRINZ Student Membership is offered to those students who are studying (full time or part time).
The education, learning, development and networking opportunities offered by HRINZ will add value by building your professional skills and knowledge.
The current annual Student Membership fee is $44.51 inc GST.
The membership year runs for 12 months from the date of your application or renewal. Fees are set for 1 April to 31 March each year.
To qualify for Student Membership you must have a valid Student ID. Proof of ID will be required.
Contact the Membership Team if you have questions regarding eligibility.
HRINZ Student Members enjoy the following
Access to professional information and publications
HR professionals must have the resources to keep themselves and their colleagues informed of trends and developments in this critical field of management. HRINZ's publications and information services contribute to your knowledge and information base.
- HumanResources magazine - quarterly eVersion available Online
- HRINZ website members-only section - including HR Guides
- HR News - monthly e-newsletter
- HRINZ sponsors the New Zealand Journal of Human Resource Management, an online academic journal
- Research, reports and salary surveys
Preferential member rates for HRINZ events and local networking opportunities
HRINZ has 15 branches nationwide which are run by locally elected volunteer leaders (HRINZ members) and provide opportunities for members to meet and share experiences with other practitioners. Branch event programmes include a wide range of meetings, networking events, special interest groups, discussion groups, site visits, seminars, workshops and courses. HRINZ National Events provide a variety of conferences.
- Local branch networking events and Special Interest Groups (SIGs)
- NZ HR Conference & Expo
- NZ HR Summits - one day conferences
- Research Forum - biennial
Professional Development Programme
HRINZ's Professional Development Programme of courses, seminars, webinars and eLearning, helps members at all levels of experience and expertise to develop the skills and knowledge they need for effective professional practice to keep up to date with the latest trends in Human Resource management and deployment.
- Internationally benchmarked HRINZ HR Competency Framework
- Online Mentoring Programme
We also provide
- NZ HR Awards programme
- HRINZ App - discounts available at over 30 nationwide retailers and service providers
- Representation to public bodies - HRINZ is a non-political organisation, which seeks to make its voice heard on issues that affect the professional practice of human resources management and development.
- Opportunities to get Involved with local branch committees and national committees
- International and strategic alliances - HRINZ belongs to the Asia Pacific Federation for Human Resource Management and the World Federation of Personnel Management Associations, and has close links with professional institutes around the world. Introductions can be provided for members seeking information or contacts in other countries, or HRINZ can make enquiries on your behalf.
- Member discounts with alliance organisations - HRINZ is pleased to have formal strategic alliances with a range of associations and organisations, both within New Zealand and internationally. Read more about HRINZ Alliance Benefits.
- HR Job Board
- Members and Consultants Directory
- Presence on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter