HRINZ Practitioner Professional Membership Accreditation Application Form
Changes to the process for Professional Membership have recently been approved by the HRINZ Board and the online application form is currently being updated to reflect these changes. Please contact the Chief Executive for information about the interim arrangements.
The application will be assessed by a minimum of 5 members of HRINZ’s Practitioner Grading Panel on the basis of the applicant’s level of education and learning, contribution, results, influence and competence.
Before you start …
To complete the application form you will need to have the following information on hand:
- Personal details: name, address, home phone and mobile numbers, home or work email address, HRINZ membership number.
- Employment history details: type of organisation, period of employment, key responsibilities.
- Academic qualifications and professional membership details.
- Become familiar with HRINZ HR Competencies.
Professional Membership Categories
- Generalist: Professional members need to have proven or demonstrated ability in all five of the HRINZ areas of competency. A minimum level of ability at the ‘Competent’ level should have been achieved in at least seven of the nine HR activities in HR Delivery. Ability also needs to be demonstrated at a minimum level of ‘Competent’ in the remaining areas: Strategic Contribution, Business Knowledge, Business Technology and Personal Credibility.
- Specialist: Professional members need to be operating at the ‘Advanced’ level of the specialist HR activity of HR Delivery and 'Competent' level for six of the remaining sub-competencies under this competency area. For the remaining Competency areas - Strategic Contribution, Business Knowledge, Business Technology, Personal Credibility have achieved a minimum level of ‘Competent’ across these Competency areas.
If you are unsure about the HRINZ HR competencies or how your experience might relate to them please contact the Chief Executive at HRINZ’s Head Office Team for clarification and advice.
Please note that applications for professional membership accreditation must be referee-endorsed prior to being considered by the Practitioner Grading Panel. The applicant is required to select three referees who have been in a position to observe their work performance and one must be the applicant’s current manager (or recent client in the case of a Consultant).
It is the applicant’s responsibility to arrange for each referee to view and attest the completed application form. The Chief Executive will require referees to validate the contents of the applicant’s application form at the verbal reference interview. Referees may also be personally contacted by a member of the Practitioner Grading Panel to verify the information in the application.