HR 101: Managing People Performance
(HR for Non-HR People)
||8.30am - 5.00pm
||Denise Hartley-Wilkins CFHRINZ
Marcus Buckingham suggests that “you don’t have great organisations, you have great workplaces”. At the heart of this are productive, well led and well managed teams of people. The leaders of these teams play a critical role in managing day-to-day HR issues. This requires an understanding of current HR management practice to get the best out of their people and avoid the potential pitfalls along the way.
This programme will equip participants with the essential HR management knowledge they need for success in today’s changing workplace. Participants will come away with understanding of the key areas where they can make a difference in terms of the management and leadership of their people.
What will be covered:
- The strategic importance of good Human Resource management for all organisations
- Successful recruitment & selection
- Managing and engaging your people for performance
- Developing your people for performance
- Managing employee discipline
Participants will come away with:
- An understanding that good HR practice is essential for business success
- Knowledge of the key stages of the employee life cycle and the related legislation
- Enhanced awareness and commitment to the role of leader
- An understanding of the people management hot spots and risks and the importance of early intervention
- An understanding of the importance of the team leader in shaping performance (including before the employee starts!)
- Knowing when to seek specialist HR help
Who should attend?
- Team leaders, supervisors, and managers who need to gain a better understanding of current HR Management practice for their day to day decisions
- Any other professionals who have an interest in people management & development
|About the Presenters|
Denise Hartley-Wilkins CFHRINZ is a people and organisation development professional with over 25 years experience gained in a diverse range of organisations in New Zealand, the UK and Canada . She has extensive strategic and operational experience and has held a number of senior corporate roles where she has implemented large scale OD programmes.
Debbie Dawson CFHRINZ, is a self-employed consultant based in Christchurch. Following a corporate career in senior HR roles Debbie now works with a mixture of clients across the public and private sectors to facilitate their planning and improve their business processes.
Debbie is particularly good at helping clients to uncover the root cause of their performance and organisational issues. Her plain speaking, creative approach ensures that she delivers clear, incisive results and develops programmes that are enjoyable, workable, and sustainable.
Allergic to gobbledegook Debbie constantly strives to demystify and make sense of complex and common business challenges so that sound solutions can be quickly implemented and executed. A past recipient of the HRINZ Initiative of the Year Awards for leadership development Debbie served on the Board of HRINZ from 2007 to 2013.
|HRINZ Member||Non Member|
|Earlybird Fee*||$600.00 +GST||$800.00 +GST|
|Standard Fee||$700.00 +GST||$900.00 +GST|
*Early bird (EB) price available when you register and pay before the date/s listed below:
|Course||Course Date||EB* Date||Ready to Register?|
Terms & Conditions
All of our professional development courses are subject to our terms and conditions.
Travelling from out of town?
Click here for advice and special rates on accommodation.