Holidays Act, Parental Leave and Payroll
|Auckland||8 April||9.00am - 5.00pm||Kerryn Douglas, Kiwiboss||Registration closed|
|Wellington||16 April||9.00am - 5.00pm||Kerryn Douglas, Kiwiboss||Registration closed|
|Christchurch||7 August||9.00am - 5.00pm||Julia Shallcrass and Kerryn Douglas, Kiwiboss||Register or Enquire about the Member Travel Discount|
Many employers are confused as to how to comply with holiday and parental leave legislation.
This one day course will help you manage staff entitlements under Holidays Act 2003 and the Parental Leave and Employment Protection Act 1987,
Do you want to find out staff entitlements to annual holidays, public holidays, alternative holidays, sick leave, and bereavement leave?
Do you want to calculate and manage holiday pay procedures so you comply with the Holidays Act 2003?
Do you want to know how to apply for parental leave, so you can guide staff on their correct entitlements?
This practical course will help you identify common and complex issues of non-compliance under the Holidays Act, and provide you with options to manage these issues.
We will answer your questions, so you can comply with holiday and parental leave legislation. You will receive a workbook with activities, case law and an overview of legislation.
This course focuses on minimum entitlements, rather than additional entitlements provided by collective agreements.
Learning objectives include:
- Overview of Holidays Act 2003 and minimum entitlements
- Discover how to effectively manage common compliance issues
- Budgeting for annual holidays
- Calculating annual holiday pay to comply with the Holidays Act 2003
- Find out when commission and bonuses should be included in gross earnings
- Public holidays and what is an 'otherwise working day' for an employee
- Discuss sick and bereavement leave entitlements
- Proof of sick leave and when you can ask for medical certificates
- Practical tips on how to manage frequent absenteeism
- Calculating public holidays, bereavement leave, sick leave and alternative holidays - when to use Relevant Daily Pay or Average Daily Pay
- Holiday pay following special leave and parental leave
- Keep up to date with recent changes to parental leave entitlements
- Parental leave entitlements and calculations
- Find out how an employee applies for parental leave and payments
- Employers' responsibilities with parental leave
Who should attend?
The course will appeal to Payroll and HR personnel within their first 5 years of practice, or wanting a refresher course. It will also be useful for anyone who wants to know how to comply with minimum holiday and leave entitlements, and how to manage parental leave applications.
|About the Presenters|
Kerryn Douglas is an experienced Payroll Trainer for KiwiBoss.
|About KiwiBoss Limited|
KiwiBoss provides businesses with people management training and consultancy.
Our training is designed to help clients solve workplace problems, manage contemporary Human Resources issues, and create brighter workplaces. Our employment law expertise assists in compliance with legal obligations.
Our clients include small to medium businesses, large corporates, charitable organisations, and government departments.
We help businesses create a more productive and engaged workforce by managing issues, such as:
|HRINZ Member||Non Member|
|Earlybird Fee*||$800.00 +GST||$1,000 +GST|
|Standard Fee||$900.00 +GST||$1,200 +GST|
*Early bird (EB) price available when you register and pay before the date/s listed below:
|Course||Course Date||EB* Date|
|Auckland||8 April||11 March||Registration closed|
|Wellington||16 April||19 March||Registration closed|
|Christchurch||7 August||10 July||Register or Enquire about the Member Travel Discount|
Terms & Conditions
All of our professional development courses are subject to our terms and conditions.
Travelling from out of town?
In response to member demand we are introducing a Travel Discount, available for those members in provincial centres who have to travel to attend one of our professional development courses.
As a rule, if you have to travel far enough to book a flight/hotel room to be able to attend the course, HRINZ will offer you a course discount to assist with these costs: $250 for 1 day courses. To enquire about this discount or if you're unsure about eligibility please contact us.
This has been introduced as an initiative which will hopefully enable our members in regional areas to attend our excellent workshops!
The travel discount is not available for non-members.
Click here for advice and special rates on accommodation.