The HRINZ Research and Publications Fund
The Human Resources Institute of New Zealand (HRINZ) represents the interests of more than 4,000 members who are HR practitioners and others involved in Human Resource Management in New Zealand.
As part of its mandate of partnership with the national HR community, HRINZ established a Research and Publications fund to encourage, support and provide financial assistance for research into and publication of work about the practice of Human Resource Management and development in New Zealand.
The fund is available to persons who may be seeking assistance with research or the publication of information about the practice of Human Resource Management and development in New Zealand.
Access to the fund is via the Institute’s Research and Publications Committee, which will scrutinize applications against the criteria contained in the ‘Application for Funding Guide' and the purpose (rules) of the Research and Publications Fund (part of the HRINZ Constitution).
Guidance for Applications for Funding from the Research and Publications Fund
To assist applicants to have a clear understanding of what the Research and Publications Committee requires; in terms of applications that will succeed in receiving assistance and support from the Fund. HRINZ has created an 'Application for Funding Guide' which includes an official application form for funding submissions.
All applications can be made to the Committee, using the official application form and guide provided, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rules of the Research and Publications Fund
The rules of the Research and Publications Fund [The Rules] are made pursuant to Section 26(2) of the Constitution of the Human Resources Institute of New Zealand.
- This rule was made by resolution of the HRINZ Board pursuant to section 26(2) of the Constitution.
- The Research and Publications Fund was established by the former Institute of Personnel of New Zealand Incorporated. Until 1985, some proceeds from conferences and similar activities were credited to the Fund, but most of its income has been royalties from sales of two books (Personnel Management in New Zealand and Personnel Practice), whose authors arranged for part of the income from these publications to be paid to the Institute.
The purpose of the Research and Publications Fund is to encourage, support and provide financial assistance for research into and publication of work about the practice of Human Resources Management and development in New Zealand.
- A separate accounting system is to be maintained and operated for all the financial transactions of the Fund. The Fund may receive income from any source, but expenditure requires a specific resolution of the HRINZ Board.
- Separate statements of income and expenditure and financial position are to be prepared for the Fund and audited and presented with the Institute's overall financial statements.
- The investment and other financial management of the Fund is the responsibility of the Executive Committee
- An appropriate committee shall make recommendations to the HRINZ Board on the use of the Fund to encourage, support and provide financial assistance for research and publication.
- That applications for financial assistance from the fund shall be made on the Research and Publications Fund Application Form.
- The Fund shall not be used to finance the publication of HR NEWS or any other periodical publication, nor may it be used to finance the general or operating expenses of the institute in any way.
By resolution of the Board of the Human Resources Institute of New Zealand Incorporated - Constitution and Rules