Effective HR Communication - Auckland
- Duration: 8 hours 00 minutes
- Region: Auckland
- Venue: Cliftons Auckland
In this one day course, find out how to connect staff to strategy and values through effective communication.
If you are a member of HRNZ, please log in through the HRNZ website to access your member discount.
Earlybird tickets are available until 7 August 2019.
- HRNZ Member = $920.00
- Non-member = $1,150.00
- HRNZ Member = $1,035.00
- Non-member = $1,380.00
Effective HR communication is an essential part of business and the role of HR, and is vital for success in business, as it affects organisational performance.
Effective internal communication is important for developing trust, and impacts greatly on employee engagement and productivity.
In this one day course, find out how to connect staff to strategy and values through effective communication. Discover how to build employee engagement through trust and two-way dialogue, and learn how to connect with management and governance.
Practice delivering training, interviewing skills, and presentation skills. Participants will receive a workbook to practice their communication skills.
Who should attend?
If you want to communicate with greater clarity and impact, this is the course for you. This course is designed for HR professionals at all levels, with a focus on those wanting to improve communication with employees and management. It is also useful for HR line managers who perform HR tasks.
Learning Objectives include:
- Identify different personality types and communication preferences
- Find out how culture can influence business communication
- Consider your roles and responsibilities in communication
- Communicate with various HR stakeholders including Board and staff
- Consider how unconscious bias affects communication
- Build an effective internal communication strategy
- Improving staff engagement and buy-in
- Discover ways to communicate with flexible workers
- Learn how to use social media and develop two-way dialogue
- Understand etiquette of email for impact
- Interviewing job candidates
- Practice active listening techniques and giving feedback
- Legal aspects of performance and disciplinary interviews
- Practice public speaking to improve your presentations
- Explore fun ways to provide effective training
All personal development events are subject to HRNZ Terms and Conditions.
Registrations close 08:30am Monday 2 September.
About the Presenter
Julia Shallcrass is an employment lawyer who specialises in legal education on contemporary workplace issues.
As director of KiwiBoss, she delivers in-house training and public training on HR and people management to help businesses create better workplaces.
Julia is part of the KiwiBoss team that delivers public courses through HRINZ, and in partnership with Auldhouse.
Julia is a regular webinar presenter for CCH Learning, and subject matter expert for Kineo online training.
She has lectured in Human Resources, Business Ethics and Business Communication for tertiary institutions. Julia is an employment columnist for NZ Herald.
About KiwiBoss Limited
KiwiBoss provides businesses with people management training and consultancy.
Our training is designed to help clients solve workplace problems, manage contemporary Human Resources issues, and create brighter workplaces. Our employment law expertise assists in compliance with legal obligations.
Our clients include small to medium businesses, large corporates, charitable organisations, and government departments.
We help businesses create a more productive and engaged workforce by managing issues, such as:
- reducing stress in the workplace
- improving flexible working
- increasing employee engagement
- business continuity planning
An appropriate substitute participant is welcome any time before the course or webinar starts. Please let us know the replacement's name. If you have booked on a member price and a non member is to attend in your place you will be invoiced for the difference in price.
A refund of fees will be made if a cancellation is received in writing at least 10 working days prior to the commencement of the course or webinar.
Regrettably, no refunds can be made for cancellations received after this date and you are liable for the full cost of attendance at the course or webinar.